The XMOS Project combines the resources of Rex Briggs of Marketing Evolution, the IAB, the ARF, Dynamic Logic & Forrester Research.
- Rex Briggs, the principal analysts and architect of the McDonald’s Grilled Chicken Flatbread Sandwich research is an award winning expert in market measurement.
- Awards include:
- Atticus Award for Direct Marketing
- Tenagra Award for Outstanding contribution to branding
- ESOMAR Net Effects “Best Paper Award” for understanding Digital Marketing
- The International Fernada Monti Award for CRM
- And most recently, the prestigious nomination for the John & Mary Goodyear award for best international research for the development of multi-media advertising effectiveness measurement methodology used for this study.
- Mr. Briggs’ pre-Internet expertise is in strategic brand positioning and psychographics research. He was widely quoted in the media and trade publications including CNBC, New York Times, NPR, Time magazine, Le Monde, American Demographics, Brand Week.
- Mr. Briggs’ distinguishing work with Internet marketing includes creating the first study profiling the online consumer (field work started in Jan 1994), the creation of the first real-time log-file analysis system (1995), the first random sample of online users (1996), the first advertising effectiveness study (1996) , the first two studies of sponsorships (on behalf of Levi’s and General Motors 1996 to 1997), the first study of rich media (on behalf of Berkeley Systems, 1997), and the first e-commerce effectiveness studies (on behalf of IBM, 1997).
- Mr. Briggs has held positions of Research, Technology and Sales Director CnXn Service, Yankelovich Partners; Director of Research, HotWired; Executive Vice President, Millward Brown Inteliquest (where he was responsible for developing and launching MBI’s Interactive research capability); and is currently Principal, Marketing Evolution.
|About the ARF|
- The ARF is the marketing research authority.
- Founded in 1936 by the Association of National Advertisers and the American Association of Advertising Agencies, the ARF is a nonprofit corporate-membership association which is today the preeminent professional organization in the field of advertising, marketing and media research. Its combined membership represents more than 400 advertisers, advertising agencies, research firms, media companies, educational institutions and international organizations.
- The principal mission of the ARF is to improve the practice of advertising, marketing and media research in pursuit of more effective marketing and advertising communications.
- Throughout its history, ARF has demonstrated a strong tradition of leadership within the research industry by developing landmark studies providing practical solutions to some of the industry's most persistent problems and challenges.
- Jim Spaeth, President of the ARF worked closely with Rex Briggs of Marketing Evolution to analyze the results and implications.
- Dynamic Logic, Inc. is a leading research company that focuses on analyzing marketing effectiveness. AdIndex, Dynamic Logic's flagship product, uses patent-pending technology to measure the impact of an online advertisement using traditional brand metrics. New products include MarketNorms, a syndicated database on marketing effectiveness, as well as Cross Media Research which focuses on the synergies of different media channels. Dynamic Logic data is used by advertisers, agencies and publishers including Clorox, GlaxoSmithKline, General Motors, Kimberly-Clark, Sara Lee, Ogilvy & Mather, J Walter Thompson, Young & Rubicam, Yahoo, MSN, AOL and iVillage, Inc., among others. The company was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in New York City with offices in London, San Francisco, and Chicago. Dynamic Logic worked closely with Rex Briggs of Marketing Evolution to execute the study.
- Forrester Research identifies and analyzes emerging trends in technology and their impact on business. We provide companies with rigorous research, practical ideas, and objective guidance to help them thrive on technology change. Jim Nail, Forrester’s resident expert on advertising, worked with Rex Briggs of Marketing Evolution to extrapolate implications of the research to the industry at large.
- InsightExpress® is the world's leading provider of online research services, including the popular AdInsights, measuring the brand building effectiveness of online advertising. We provide the power, experience and solutions to empower our clients to answer all of their marketing mix questions with targeted real-time market feedback.
AdInsights is the industry’s fastest growing online ad effectiveness solution. Using a proven simultaneous control/exposed methodology, AdInsights is powered by InsightExpress’ patented business methods. Through custom surveys designed by InsightExpress’ market research experts, AdInsights uniquely enables clients to focus upon their specific marketing and advertising needs without constraints. With more than 1,000,000 completed ad effectiveness surveys within the last year, AdInsights provides the industry’s most current normative database. AdInsights in conjunction with InsightExpress’ panel has been selected to conduct the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s (IAB) most comprehensive XMOS study to date.