Mobile video is like the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup of digital media today: two great tastes that taste great together. Video on smartphones and tablets is one of the fastest growing subcategories within the already fast-growing category of mobile advertising. Moreover, video is an intuitive medium for advertisers: in contrast to the rich but complex possibilities of touchable, rotate-able, or shake-able mobile ads, marketers and agencies “get” how to tell a simple brand story in 15- or 30-seconds.
This Buyer’s Guide is intended to help creative designers and media planners learn their way around the mobile video landscape. It presupposes some knowledge of PC-based digital video, and seeks to highlight ways that mobile video is similar to, and differs from, the PC video world. The guide offers:
- Core stats on mobile video
- Frameworks for thinking about mobile video opportunities
- Definitions of key metrics
- Some questions to ask of sellers
- Basic advice on successfully tailoring video campaigns to the smartphone and tablet audiences.
Phones and Tablets Over 10% of Digital Video