Deadlines & Fees
Any interactive marketing or advertising execution that ran between April 1, 2014 - March 31, 2015 can be submitted. The work may have been launched earlier or still be live, but must have run at some point during this period. The IAB MIXX Awards are a global competition—work created and/or executed in any country is eligible.
Final Entry Deadline Friday, June 26, 2015 11:59 PM ET.
Strategies & Objectives and Special Innovation categories: $495 per individual entry, per category. Same entry into multiple categories: $450 per additional category.
Tools, Tactics, & Platforms categories: $395 per individual entry, per category. Same entry into multiple categories: $350 per additional category.
There is no limit to the number of categories a submission may be entered into. In addition, there is no limit to the number of submissions that can be made by one entrant.
Preferred method of payment is by credit card.
Refunds: There are no refunds once an entry has been submitted, even if the entry is withdrawn from competition. Entries cannot be removed from the competition after July 24th.
- Click here to submit your entry now.
- Entrants can submit into as many categories as they like and submit multiple entries for each category.
- Work entered should be created predominantly by the submitting party. Collaborating parties (creative or media agencies as well as creative technology partners) and other key individuals should be referenced.
- Submissions must done via the online form and include a written case study as well as creative samples. Details on entry requirements here.
Entry Information and Credits:
- Company and individual credits are a required part of the online entry form.
- Please make sure all information including entry name, advertiser, submitting agency and credits is referenced and spelled exactly as it should appear in information for the media, on trophies, in the IAB MIXX Awards Winners’ Gallery, and on printed and multimedia presentation materials for the Awards Gala.
- The information supplied in the online entry form may be published and/or appear on trophies and promotional materials. Visit the 2014 IAB MIXX Awards Winners’ Gallery to see examples of how winner’s entry information has been used online.
- Company credits: You are required to credit all creative and strategic partners who contributed to the work. You must credit the brand and the primary creator of the work.
- Individual credits: Space is provided to credit key team members. Please credit all main client and agency team members in order you’d like them listed in official materials and make sure spelling is correct. Individuals may be credited in Awards Gala materials and in the online Winners’ Gallery.
- In Phase One of the judging process, the screening committee—comprised of senior marketing professionals—will evaluate and score each entry. Finalists for each category will be determined.
- In Phase Two, an independent panel of highly acclaimed representatives of the entire interactive advertising ecosystem—advertising agency experts, brand marketers, and major media company executives—will convene in New York City for an intensive, day-long sequestering and debate to select the winners.
- Finalists will be notified by August 6, 2015. Due to the volume of submissions IAB will not be able to contact all entrants.
- Winners will be announced on Tuesday, September 29, 2015, at the IAB MIXX Awards Gala—the culmination of the two-day IAB MIXX Conference & Expo.
Awards and Prizes:
Awards are submission-based. If an entry is submitted by multiple companies for the same category, the submissions will be scored independently and only the highest-scoring submission will be eligible to win.
The judges will also select and honor a Best in Show winner that they feel displays the strongest characteristic of creativity and impact. Entries in all categories are eligible. The IAB MIXX Awards jury reserves the right to award or not award work in any category as it sees fit.
Publication of winning work:
- Entries that become finalists or winners in the 2015 IAB MIXX Awards may be showcased in various ways including publication. This is at the sole discretion of the IAB.
- Work submitted must be original or you must have secured rights to submit it.
- Creative samples and written case studies: By entering work into the IAB MIXX Awards you automatically grant the IAB the right to make copies, reproduce and display the creative materials and written information for educational and promotional purposes such as but not limited to the web site, newsletter, programming/conferences and the Awards Gala. However, IAB respects that entries may contain confidential information and provide submitters the opportunity to opt-out within the entry form. Should your entry win IAB will contact you to provide approved information for the Awards gala and supporting materials.
- Gold, silver and bronze winning entries each receive one trophy. A maximum of one brand and partner can be credited on the trophies. The entry name, brand and submitting party will be engraved on the trophy.
- Winners can purchase exact duplicate trophies. Individual personalization available.
For more information, please contact Gina Imperato at [email protected] or 917-696-6370.
By participating in this contest, entrants agree to abide by the following terms and conditions and by the decisions of the judges which are final on all matters pertaining to this contest. All federal, state, local, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations apply. This contest is subject to the laws of the United States. The winners of the 2015 IAB MIXX Awards who do not attend the Awards Ceremony will be notified within approximately seven (7) days after the September 29, 2015 awards ceremony. If IAB is unable to contact the potential winner after reasonable effort, or if the potential winner fails to respond within three (3) days of first attempted notification, the award may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The winner may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any award notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. IAB reserves the right to use and publish entrants’; proper names online, in print and in any other media in connection with the Contest. Acceptance of an award constitutes permission for IAB to use winner’s name and likeness and entry submission for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering, participants release and hold harmless IAB, its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in this Contest. Contact information becomes property of the IAB and will not be shared with or distributed to any third party.
The IAB reserves the right not to award categories which, in the judgment of the panel and administrators, did not elicit entries up to top industry standards.
Copyright & Rebroadcast:
Entries submitted become the property of IAB and cannot be returned. IAB retains entries for supplemental presentations to educational institutions, trade groups, advertising professionals and the public generally. Each entrant, by signing the declaration, specifically grants worldwide, royalty-free permission to IAB to show or play the entries at award shows, at IAB sponsored or produced events, or in any other public or private presentation with or without charge whenever and as often as the organizers see fit without compensation to Entrant. Entrant authorizes IAB the use for such purpose of any trademark, animated character(s), animal(s), and merchandised item(s) included in the entries. IAB may use entries or license entries or the reproduction of entries in perpetuity, without payment to Entrant, non-exclusively throughout the world, for use in telecasts, videotapes, DVDs, the Internet, exhibits, books, pamphlets and other such publications and media now known or hereafter created, including without limitation, television specials featuring IAB MIXX Awards entries for the year or in subsequent years for historical retrospectives. IAB may charge a fee to third parties for use of such material. Entrant holds or will secure the necessary license for use of all music embodied within the entries. Entrant will fully defend, indemnify and hold IAB, its affiliated companies, assignees and licensees harmless from any talent or other residual charges due to the release of selected entries or any third party claims against IAB, its affiliated companies, assignees and licensees resulting from the content of the entries and the intellectual property contained therein. The person submitting this entry form(s) certifies that he or she has full authority to approve the rights granted herein.
© 2015 IAB. All rights reserved.