MIXX 2008 Attracts Influential Lineup of Speakers, To Explore Transformation of the Media Industry
The IAB announced the full lineup of participants in this year’s MIXX (Marketing and Interactive Excellence) Conference and Expo, the Official Interactive Event of Advertising Week 2008 and the preeminent annual gathering of the interactive industry. Energizing this year’s event is a new theme, “Invention and Reinvention.” This fresh direction for MIXX 2008 spotlights the constant state of creation and evolution required of business leaders in today’s rapidly changing digital landscape.
Speakers are a “who’s who” of top marketers, advertising agency executives, publishers and industry gurus including:
• Deborah Meyer, Vice President and CMO, Chrysler LLC
• Tim Armstrong, President, Advertising and Commerce, North America and Vice President, Google Inc.
• David Kenny Chairman & CEO, Digitas (A Publicis Company)
• Michael Linton, SVP & CMO eBay, Inc.
• Young-Bean Song, Director of Analytics & Atlas Institute, Microsoft Advertising
• Henry Blodget, Editor, Silicon Alley Insider
• Jacqueline Corbelli, Chairman & CEO, Brightline iTV Marketing Specialists
• Clay Shirky, Writer, Consultant, and Teacher on New Media and the Internet
• Charlie Rose, Emmy Award-winning journalist and host of the Charlie Rose Show
• Leslie Moonves, President and CEO, CBS Corporation
• Andrew Robertson, President and CEO, BBDO Worldwide
“This year’s MIXX captures the feverish pace of transformation happening in the media world today,” said IAB president and CEO Randall Rothenberg. “The interactive industry’s continual innovation forces each of us to evolve and change how we do business—media companies now behave like advertising agencies and marketers act like media companies. And MIXX this year will share the very best thinking from all parties in the ecosystem on how to reach and engage consumers today, which is truly our single biggest combined challenge.”
In addition to the lineup of keynotes, panels, breakout sessions, industry forecasts and an exhibit hall filled with an all-star line-up of vendors, MIXX 2008 offers its attendees an unrivaled opportunity to learn from senior marketers who will share case studies from across a variety of emerging platforms.
• How does a top advertising agency decipher the ad network landscape for its biggest clients?
• Internet Television: It’s not the future, it’s the present and the industry’s leaders will share how to do it right.
• Gaming: Reaching and engaging the toughest audiences
• The NHL and Dodge,: Learn how two giant brands converged interactively for a fully integrated digital video campaign.
• The Next Big Thing: See a series of rapid-fire demonstrations from companies on the bleeding edge of the interactive revolution.
For a full list of confirmed speakers and information on how to register, please visit www.mixx-expo.com.
The event takes place on September 22-23 at the Crowne Plaza Times Square and will culminate with the 2008 MIXX Awards Gala on the evening of September 23.