International IAB Updates - May 2008
IAB organizations around the world help marketers and agencies leverage the power of interactive advertising, sharing the common goal of partnering with member companies to drive the industry forward.
- In 2007 ad spending across all media reached €23 billion in France with display representing €2.8 million – a growth rate of 34.5 percent (source: TNS Media Intelligence). €310 million was invested in search. More at http://www.iabfrance.com/.
- Between March 2007 and March 2008 IAB France increased membership more than 16 percent to 95 members. Members include networks, technology suppliers, publishers, media agencies, creative agencies and advertisers.
- Interact 2008 will take place in Berlin on June 2 and 3, supported by IAB Europe and EIAA, and organized by IAB Germany. Presenters will include Michael Glos, Federal Minister of Economics and Technology, Germany; Jaap Favier, Vice President and Research Director, Forrester Research; Susanne Kunz, Media & Communications Director for Germany / Austria / Switzerland, Procter & Gamble. To register, please visit http://www.interactcongress.eu/.
- In 2007 IAB Europe’s Ad Ex project valued the European online advertising market at €8 billion for the 13 countries included in the study, based on national IAB reports. The growth rate has been forecast at over 30 percent.
- Online advertising in Chile grew 48 percent in 2007. The total amount of spending was $15.2 million which included $10.3 million from display and $4.9 million search and directories. Read more about IAB Chile activities at http://www.ami.cl/.
- The third annual IAB Conecta 2008 is slated for June 26 in Mexico City. The theme “¡Vive la Revolución!” invites participants to embrace a new era of consumer empowerment. Speakers will include: Mitch Joel, Marketing & Personal Branding Expert / CEO, Twist Image; Peter C. Horan, CEO, IAC Media and Advertising; Nils Müller, CEO, TrendOne; Bruce Woolsey, Business Development Director, Microsoft Advertiser and Publisher Solutions. To register, please visit http://www.iabconecta.com/.
- IAB Mexico is in the final phase of releasing three research studies exploring the evolution of the Mexican online marketing environment. The Online Revenue Study is expected to reveal industry growth of more than 60 percent over last year. The Media Consumption Study describes the evolution of consumers’ attitude and behavior for daily media habits. The Agency Categorization Study demonstrates the size of the agency market and the composition of the services it provides.
- First quarter online ad revenue results were recently reported by IAB Australia, showing a steady climb to $384.5 million, a 30.8 percent growth on the first quarter of 2007. Classified advertising was the star growth area, increasing 8.4 percent from the last quarter of 2007 to reach 27.7 percent market share. By contrast search and directories increased 4.3 percent to 47.7 percent and after six months of strong growth, display advertising reduced 9.6 percent from last quarter to 24.6 percent. To read the full report, please visit http://www.aimia.com.au/enews/IAB/IAB_Online_Advertising_Expenditure_Report_March_2008.pdf