White House Endorses Consumer Privacy Self-Regulatory Program
On February 23, the White House endorsed the work of the Digital Advertising Alliance and its participating associations—the American Association of Advertising Agencies (4A’s), the Association of National Advertisers (ANA), the American Advertising Federation (AAF), the Direct Marketing Association (DMA), the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)—in creating robust self-regulation to protect consumer privacy rights and expectations in the advertising-supported Internet. It is the beginning of an important collaboration among government, business, and consumer organizations to assure that the free Internet—the most vibrant, diverse, and decentralized medium ever created—can continue to flourish, in the United States and around the world. Read the full letter by IAB President and CEO Randall Rothenberg here.
Keep up with the rapidly evolving digital video landscape so you can engage consumers anytime, anywhere, and on any screen using the powerful combination of sight, sound, motion, and interactivity. At the IAB Digital Video Marketplace on April 10 in New York City, you’ll also be able to actively take part in the laying of groundwork for future digital video innovations and growth—helping to solve the enormous industry challenges in discovery and distribution, buying and selling, and metrics and measurement. Register now.
Senior Vice President,
Director, Digital Strategy,
Senior Vice President,
Join already registered executives from AKQA; Audible.com; Bayer Healthcare; Carat; Combe Incorporated; Deutsch; Deutsche Bank; Google; JetBlue Airways; L'Oreal USA; Nestle; New York Public Radio; MEC; Microsoft; Mindshare; PepsiCo Beverages; PHD; Safeway; Sharp Electronics; Starcom; Reckitt Benckiser; Unilever; UM; VivaKi; Wieden + Kennedy; ZenithOptimedia; and more.
IAB Releases Guidelines for the Conduct of Ad Verification
The IAB Guidelines for the Conduct of Ad Verification, developed in conjunction with the Media Rating Council (MRC), provide vital assurances to marketers and publishers alike that companies engaged in the verification of interactive advertising campaigns can themselves be audited against a common standard. It will promote growth, consistency, and greater transparency in the interactive advertising buying and selling process. Read more »
IAB Annual Leadership Meeting Highlights
More than 850 digital leaders gathered February 26 - 28 at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami for the sold-out, annual event that brings leadership from across the entire value chain together to cooperatively build a stronger and more prosperous interactive advertising and marketing industry. The critical issues discussed and debated focused on the theme, “Beyond Time and Space,” signifying how the ecosystem has evolved beyond the foundation of time and space advertising sales and spotlighting the opportunities and complexity of such a marketplace. Watch videos from the event, see photos, and read recaps here.
Breaking News from the 2012 IAB Annual Leadership Meeting
The Annual Leadership Meeting is the place where need-to-know industry news is made by IAB and its members.
- New IAB Standard Ad Unit Portfolio. Today over 80 percent of display ads sold are IAB Standard Ad Units. To drive the industry forward and create new opportunities for dynamic brand advertising, IAB released a new portfolio including a new range of formats designed to meet marketers’ communications needs. Among these are the IAB Rising Stars Display ad units.
- Winners of the First-Ever IAB Mobile Rising Stars competition. To encourage richer brand marketing across smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices, IAB unveiled the five winning Mobile Rising Stars ad concepts. These formats, intended to work across all major mobile platforms, allow mobile ad buys at the same scale and scope as typical online display buys.
- Debut of the Web Resource “Data Driven Advertising.” To help marketers use data to reach their goals and give consumers the best possible online experiences, this new web site demonstrates step-by-step where consumer data comes from and how it moves through the digital marketing ecosystem.
- Research Reinforcing Value of Rising Stars Ad Formats. Users are 2.5 times more likely to interact with a Rising Stars ad unit than standard ad units such as the leaderboard and the medium rectangle, the study showed. Users also spent twice as much time interacting with a Rising Stars ad and took two seconds less time to react to it. Respondents found the ads to be more “enjoyable” and “engaging,” too.
- “The Path to Consumer Electronics Purchases” Study and the IAB Insights Center. For an advertising campaign to most effectively influence people who are intending to purchase consumer electronics, digital media needs to be included in the media buy, the study showed. The report also signals the debut of the IAB InsightCenter, a free online service for publisher members to access additional research via the IAB web site.
- At the event, AOL announced the beta launch of Pictela Enterprise. It gives advertising agencies a clean, simple, guided self-service interface to manage all their clients’ brand assets and efficiently serve them into premium online display ads.
- Adobe unveiled the industry’s first fully integrated video technology platform, code named Project Primetime. This new platform enables smooth, TV-like experiences for ad-supported videos across web-connected devices by delivering premium video and ad content consistently across all major platforms. Elements of Primetime will become available throughout 2012 and demoed at the upcoming IAB Digital Video Marketplace event.
- AppNexus announced a new advertising industry initiative to combat piracy on the Internet. As part of the initiative, AppNexus, a real-time advertising technology provider, made a firm public commitment to actively monitor traffic and refuse to allow clients to run ads on those sites that are found to feature pirated intellectual property.
- IAB announced Peter Naylor, Executive Vice President, Digital Media Sales, NBCUniversal, as Chairman of the Board of Directors, and the election of nine new members to the Board.
- Winners of the 2011 Sales and Service Excellence Awards were announced to honor those individuals and organizations that have excelled in interactive advertising sales.
- IAB launched the IAB Advertising Technology Council, a new IAB body to coalesce the burgeoning, but fragmented, advertising technology sector toward the goal of developing technical standards and operating best practices.
- The 2012 Interactive Ad IQ survey demonstrated the serious need for industry training in the value of mobile, social media, and digital video advertising.
- Rubicon Project offered 700 million impressions on comScore 500 sites for the “Your AdChoices” advertising campaign of the Digital Advertising Alliance. For information about donating impressions contact Alex Dolan.
Cablevision Media Sales
Investor's Business Daily
YesUp Ecommerce Solutions
Mirror Image Internet
Zenovia Digital Exchange
Long Tail Alliance Members
D’Elia Travel Productions
Foodie City Mom
Mom Most Traveled
Places To See With Your Kids
Before They Don’t Want
To Be Seen With You
The Mother of All Trips