The IAB Annual Leadership Meeting has sold out earlier than ever before. Our theme, “The People vs. Data,” addresses head-on two non-intersecting conversations taking place right now in the digital industry—the belief that marketing success derives solely from expertise in data gathering and analytics and the belief that marketing success derives entirely from creativity, context and content. And it has attracted a world-class lineup of speakers including:
Get your name on the waiting list today.
What’s Up at the IAB in 2011
The IAB is poised to deliver the most exciting and results-focused year in our association’s history in 2011 under the leadership of new Board Chairman Bob Carrigan. Among the activities and initiatives you need to know about are:
- The opening of the IAB Ad Lab, a new community center for the entire marketing-media ecosystem where we’ll be able to meet-up, network, and address some of the industry’s most pressing needs—from building brands online to the future of mobile advertising
- The build-out of the IAB Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence, which will drive the growth of mobile advertising and media through research, best practices, and evangelism
- The release of the IAB Ad IQ Survey, conducted in cooperation with Ernst & Young: A new, annual benchmarking study of the digital ecosystem’s knowledge and skills, as well as gaps, so we can meaningfully identify the professional development necessary to move the industry forward
- The designation of new, brand-hospitable online ad units by IAB’s “Rising Stars” advisory board
- The relaunch of IAB’s Case Study Road Show: In 2011, we’ll take 25 publishers, brands, and agencies to six markets across the U.S. to teach the industry how to grow clients’ businesses and their own revenues through superior integrated efforts
- The cross-industry Measurement Task Force: Led by the IAB, along with our partners at the ANA and 4A’s, it will address pressing issues in digital metrics as well as establish an Industry Measurement Standards Board
- The prosecution of our continuing war on discrepancies through such programs as
Terms & Conditions 3.1, Impression Exchange Solution, E-Business Interactive Standards, and the Networks & Exchanges Quality Assurance Guidelines
- The countering of regulatory pressure in Washington, D.C., through lobbying on the Hill, the rollout of the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising, and the implementation of the IAB Membership Code of Conduct
The search for the next CEO of IAB is well underway after Randall Rothenberg’s departure to Time in mid-January. We have established a Search Committee, led by former IAB Chairman Dave Moore. The committee has already engaged a search firm and is finalizing the job specification and reviewing a list of potential candidates. We are confident that we’ll have a sizable number of highly qualified candidates to choose from. If you have any names to recommend, please send them to [email protected].
Get all the latest details on all IAB initiatives any time at www.iab.net.
IAB Case Study Road Show Comes to New York, Detroit and
Get ready for an entire day devoted to "eureka moments" that will change the way you and your teams do digital. The IAB Case Study Road Show: Digital Media Success Stories event series is coming to a city near you in 2011.
Hear the details behind campaigns from:
Kimberly-Clark & Organic • GMC & Microsoft • Hewlett-Packard & LinkedIn •
Skechers & AudienceScience • Intel & Federated Media
Each session during this first-of-its-kind event provides only the critical nuggets you need to develop groundbreaking cross-platform interactive campaigns. Learn directly from the marketers, agencies and publishers responsible for crafting outstanding integrated messages. And bring your questions—the intimate setting offers plenty of time to engage the speakers and your fellow attendees.
|March 14, 2011
|March 16, 2011
|March 29, 2011
**And, join us after each event for drinks. IAB.networking is open to all area media professionals. Learn more on the Case Study Road Show registration page.
IAB Launches Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence, Hires Anna Bager to Lead Initiative
In a move that highlights the growing importance of mobile advertising in the marketing-media ecosystem, the IAB launched the Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence an independently funded and staffed unit inside the IAB, charged with driving the growth of the mobile marketing, advertising and media marketplace. The IAB also announced the appointment of Anna Bager as Vice President and General Manager of the Mobile Center, a new position in the organization.
Read more »
IAB Informer Readers Save 25% on Online Marketing Summit in San Diego, February 7-11
The IAB Mobile Committee will present “Let’s Get Moving: Media in the Mobile Era” at the Online Marketing Summit 2011—a leading educational event for marketing and advertising professionals—in San Diego, February 7-11. At OMS, executives share ideas, hear from expert practitioners and learn best practices in interactive advertising, mobile marketing, social media, search, email, analytics, demand generation and integrated marketing. Thought leaders, authors, world-class brand marketers and leading online practitioners (including IAB expert speakers) will share their experiences and successes from the front lines of digital marketing.
Read more and register with discount code IAB25 to save 25% off registration »
New Event Series by Federated Media: Save 25% on Signal LA: The Content Marketing Conversation
John Battelle and Federated Media are launching a new event series for senior level digital media and marketing mavens. Signal LA: The Content Marketing Conversation, the first in the series, takes place in Beverly Hills on February 8. Stellar speakers, ample networking and quality conversations are trademarks of FM's events and the Signal will deliver on all fronts. Join in for an insightful day of interviews, panel discussions and successful campaign case studies from top agencies, marketers, technologists and entertainment executives.
Special 25% discount code for IAB Informer readers here.
Industry-Wide Ad Verification Standards—At an Important Crossroads
Why We Love the Cookie Monster
The Very Visible Consequences of Bad Methodology
Targeting, Data and Peruvian Dinner
IAB’s Steve Sullivan on IE9’s Do-Not-Track Feature
Upcoming IAB Professional Development
Essentials of the Digital Marketing Ecosystem, Part 1
Wednesday, February 9
IAB Offices, New York
Essentials of the Digital Marketing Ecosystem, Part 2
Wednesday, February 16
IAB Offices, New York
Upcoming IAB Webinars
The CMO’s Imperative
Thursday, February 3
Upcoming IAB.networking Events
IAB.networking with the NY AdClub
Thursday, February 8
Monday, March 14
Wednesday, March 16
Tuesday, March 29
Punto New Media
Long Tail Alliance Members
365 Plus Media, LLC
8020 Media / JPG Magazine
A to Z Teacher Stuff LLC
AfterImage Internet Marketing
B & B Media, LLC
BamaNation Partners, LLC
Busy Bee Lifestyle, LLC
Celebrity Baby Clothes
Coupon Girls Media
Drink of the Week
Games Bids Inc.
Gear Live Media
Girl Zone Corp.
Gloss Publishing Inc.
Harlan Brothers Productions, LLC
Jack Yan & Associates
Madison Ross Media Group
MDX Medical, LLC
Medical Resouce Group, LLC
Mod Podge Rocks
Pop World Media, LLC
ProHQ Internet Services
Roaring Mouse Communications
Silver MT Media
Sports of Boston, LLC
The One Fantastical
The Perpetual Preschool
Tov Solutions Inc.
Ultimate Rollercoaster, LLC
Visible Brands, Inc.
Weatherby Technology Group LLC
ZGS Digital, Inc.