Interactive is an AND media, not an OR media. The art and craft of persuasion must converge with the data-driven, highly measurable capability of online advertising for the interactive industry to move forward. That theme was clear as interactive advertising leaders assembled, in Orlando, February 22 -24, to grapple with the biggest issues facing the media-marketing value chain. Ecosystem 2.0: Brands Battle Back explored how brands—agency brands, consumer brands and media brands—are focusing on the services they provide and the value of the user experience to make a stand against commoditization. To sustain growth in the current recessionary environment, all the ecosystem's sectors must work together.
The crowd of nearly 500 was an impressive roll-call of the interactive advertising ecosystem decision-makers—60 percent at the Vice President level or above. And, with marketers and agencies making-up more than 25 percent of those registered, the 2009 IAB Annual Meeting lived up to its reputation as an unprecedented gathering for discussion, debate and collaboration.
Tuesday, February 24
Monday, February 23
- Live Blog: Monday
- IAB 2008 Annual Report
- IAB Issues Audience Reach Measurement Guidelines; Standardizes Key Industry Metrics
Sunday, February 22
- Live Blog: Sunday Night
- IAB Launches Task Forces to Tackle Data Ownership and Contracts For Interactive Advertising Sales
- IAB Takes on Creativity in Interactive Marketing Communications, Forms Advertising Agency Advisory Board
- IAB and 4A’S Announce New Agreements to Simplify Interactive Advertising Operations
- IAB Announces Annual Sales and Service Excellence Award Winners