The IAB took great pleasure in inaugurating the annual IAB Service Excellence Awards, our way of publicly recognizing IAB members’ tremendous contributions to the organization throughout the year. In an increasingly complex and dynamic business, individual expertise and contributions are ever more important to our ability to deliver information and tools to the interactive advertising marketplace.
We have two categories of recognition: first, we’d like to acknowledge all of the Committee & Council Chairs, who lead IAB groups that are dedicated to issues, platforms and standards that make our industry grow. Second, we have the Outstanding Achievement Awards reserved for the handful of people who went above and beyond the call of duty to lead projects, people and positive change throughout the year.
For their service and leadership to the IAB and the industry, we would like to invite the following people to stand up and be recognized for chairing an IAB Committee or Council in 2007:
Adrian D’Souza of CNET and Dan Murphy of Univision Online, Ad Operations Council
Bruce Rogers of the Walt Disney Internet Group, CFO Council
Mike Hurt of Microsoft and Joey Trotz of CNN.com, Digital Video Committee
Craig Swerdloff of Return Path, eMail Committee
Dave Madden of Wild Tangent, Games Committee
Peter Blacker of Telemundo, Hispanic Committee
Gayle Guzzardo of Q Interactive, Lead Generation Committee
Andy Jedynak of WeatherBug and Gary Schwartz of Impact Mobile, Mobile Committee
Dave Morgan, formerly of AOL, Public Policy Council
Stephen Kim of Microsoft, Research Council
Michael Rosen of WeatherBug and Brian Quinn of The Wall Street Journal Digital Network, Sales Executive Council
Tim Armstrong of Google and David Karnstedt of Yahoo, Search Committee
Heidi Browning of FOX Interactive Media, User Generated Content Committee
For active participation in a committee or council for the year and going above and beyond the “call of duty” by demonstrating strong leadership on an initiative or providing direct and superior contribution on a significant, completed initiative, we honor the following individuals:
• Dan Murphy & Adrian D’Souza, Co-Chairs of the Ad Operations Council for bringing leaders of both the publisher and agency community together to work on critical issues affecting the efficiency of our marketplace, and for being the impetus behind the creation of the IAB Creative Sec Database, the On-Time Creative Delivery Tool Kit and Billing Methods Best Practices.
• Trish Lemley, invaluable member of the Ad Operations Council for her exceptional contribution to the Billing Methods Best Practices effort as well as the ongoing E-Business standards project, two initiatives that make a material and positive impact on the supply chain.
• Gayle Guzzardo, Chairperson of the Lead Generation Committee for leading the creation of two deliverables in 2007: the Marketer & Agency Guide to Lead Quality and the Data Transfer Best Practices and for championing responsible Lead Generation practices for the entire industry.
• David Sturman, member of the Games Committee for championing the development of the Game Advertising Platform Status Report, and ensuring that the committee provided the best possible information for marketers and agencies.
• Josh Baer, member of the eMail Committee for his leadership in writing the Email Campaign Performance Metrics Definitions, while maintaining key relationships with other industry organizations to ensure widespread acceptance of the document.
• Stephen Kim, chair of the Research Council for his invaluable leadership on the Audience Measurement initiative. Stephen was the public voice of the publishers on behalf of transparency of the syndicated research services, a better appreciation of census and panel-based methodologies, and an improved understanding of the interactive metrics needed by both buyers and sellers to create valuable advertising opportunities.