Results tagged “thanksgiving” from IABlog
In honor of Thanksgiving, we thought we’d assemble a list (not in rank order) of the things we’re thankful for in the world of interactive advertising.
- We just had the best quarter ever for interactive advertising, and year-on-year revenues have been on a sustained upswing for the past four quarters.
- There are myriad challenges still ahead—they make life in the workplace interesting AND they’re good for IAB job security.
- 2010 is the year when consumers embraced mobile media wholeheartedly. So we can finally stop talking about when “The Year of Mobile” is going to happen.
- There are always new surprises in digital: 12 months ago, who (outside of Steve Jobs) suspected the iPad would be device of the year?
- We know where all our friends are, all the time, whether we want to or not (thanks Foursquare!).
- Convergence is happening, in the form of a commingling of the excitement and innovation of digital media with the discipline and marketing expertise of traditional media.
- We’re lucky to work in an industry with so many good eggs among the people (at vendors, publishers, agencies, and marketers alike) with whom we interact.
- Most of the good eggs are also really smart eggs.
- 2011 is the year we will finally make measurement make sense; at the very least we can fix the 15 years of chaos and get ahead of the massive changes still ahead of us.
- As an industry, we openly recognize that it’s time to get beyond bad creative (ugly ads), and we’re making collective progress in the aesthetics that drive successful advertising.
- Sherrill Mane and Joe Laszlo
Sherrill Mane is Senior Vice President for Industry Services at the IAB.
Joe Laszlo is Director of Research for the IAB.