Digital Media’s Best and Brightest Headline IAB’s MIXX 2010
Tyra Banks, Bankable Productions • Frank A. Bennack, Jr., Hearst Corp. •
Dick Costolo, Twitter • Paul Edwards, General Motors •
Seth Godin, Author • Chuck Porter, Crispin Porter + Bogusky •
Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook • Tim Westergren, Pandora
NEW YORK, NY (September 14, 2010) — The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) has once again attracted the industry’s most influential thought leaders and emerging new voices to take the stage at its sixth annual MIXX Conference & Expo. On September 27-28 in New York City, MIXX 2010 tackles a new theme, “Unbound: Everything Everywhere”—an up-close look at the transformative cultural shift triggered by the surge of interactive into every corner of our lives. The digital hub of Advertising Week, MIXX again confirms its stature as the primary venue where the world’s leading brand marketers, advertising agencies and publishers gather to celebrate and explore the rapidly evolving digital marketing and advertising industry.
The stellar lineup of speakers at MIXX 2010 represents today’s most dynamic digital brands—AOL, Gawker, Google, Microsoft, Pandora, Twitter, Yahoo! and many more:
- Tyra Banks – Founder, Bankable Productions
- Frank A. Bennack, Jr. – Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Hearst Corporation
- Joanne Bradford – Chief Revenue Officer, Demand Media
- Dick Costolo – Chief Operating Officer, Twitter
- Nick Denton – Founder, Gawker Media
- Paul Edwards – Executive Director, Marketing Strategy, General Motors Company
- Seth Godin – Author, Entrepreneur and Agent of Change
- Darren Houston – Corporate Vice President, Global Consumer and Online, Microsoft
- Blake Irving – Chief Products Officer, Yahoo!
- Jeff Levick – President, Global Advertising and Strategy, AOL
- Neal Mohan – Vice President, Product Management, Google
- Miles Nadal – Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, MDC Partners
- Chuck Porter – Chairman, Crispin Porter + Bogusky
- Sheryl Sandberg – Chief Operating Officer, Facebook
- Tina Sharkey – Chairman and Global President, BabyCenter
- Tim Westergren – Founder, Chief Strategy Officer, Pandora
Journalist Charlie Rose reprises his role as keynote interviewer, this year engaging in conversation with Yossi Vardi, high-tech entrepreneur at the forefront of Israel’s renowned standing as a world leader in technology innovations.
“As interactive media and platforms continue to expand into every aspect of consumers’ lives, brands are constantly challenged to rethink how to stand out and stay relevant,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO of the IAB. “The 2010 MIXX Conference is a summit of the most prominent media heavyweights responsible for shaping the future of digital marketing and advertising and for taking the industry and consumers on a pioneering journey of discovery.”
MIXX 2010 will also give its audience a wide array of content to choose from—workshops, panels, breakouts, industry forecasts and an exhibit hall filled with the hottest new technology and solutions that the industry needs to know about now.
The event takes place on September 27-28 at the Crowne Plaza Times Square and culminates on the evening of September 28 with the 2010 MIXX Awards Gala hosted by Olivia Munn, famed comedic actress and Daily Show correspondent.
To find out more about the MIXX Conference and Expo, please go to: http://www.mixx-expo.com
To learn more about the MIXX Awards, and view a complete gallery of past MIXX winners, please visit:
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 460 leading media and technology companies who are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.
IAB Media Contact