MIXX 2009 to Showcase Powerful Roster of the Best Minds Fueling Interactive's Creative Revolution
Katalyst Media Co-Founder Ashton Kutcher; P&G Global Team Leader, Digital Business Strategy Lucas Watson; R/GA Chairman Bob Greenberg Among Industry Leaders to Appear on MIXX Stage
New York, NY (AUGUST 5, 2009) — Fervent calls for a creative revolution in online advertising have galvanized the ecosystem. A driving force behind this relaying cry, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) today announced the prodigious cross-industry talent that will appear at its fifth annual MIXX Conference and Expo, September 21-22, in New York City. The Official Interactive Event of Advertising Week, MIXX is the primary venue for elite advertising agencies, brand marketers and publishers responsible for transforming the consumer media experience. They will all address this year’s theme, “Fueling Interactive Advertising’s Creative Revolution.”
The star-studded lineup includes representation from venerable brands—AstraZeneca, AT&T, General Mills, Frito-Lay, Intuit and Procter & Gamble. Featured speakers include:
- Chris Anderson - Author, Free: The Future of a Radical Price, and Editor-in-Chief, Wired Magazine
- Tim Armstrong - Chairman & CEO, AOL
- Nikesh Arora - President, Global Sales Operations and Business Development, Google
- Colleen DeCourcy - ChiefDigital Officer, TBWA Worldwide
- Bob Greenberg - Chairman, CEO, Global Chief Creative Officer, R/GA
- Ashton Kutcher - Co-Founder, Katalyst Media
- Nick Law – EVP, Chief Creative Officer, North America, R/GA
- David Moore - Chairman & Founder, 24/7 Real Media, and Chairman of the Board, IAB
- Yusuf Mehdi - SVP, Online Audience Business Group, Microsoft Corporation
- Elisa Steele - CMO, Yahoo!
- Lucas Watson - Global Team Leader, Digital Business Strategy, P&G
- Steve Wax - Managing Partner, Campfire
“By putting the creative revolution front and center at the MIXX conference, the most important industry gathering of interactive leaders, we showcase the simple fact that advertising is a conversation—a story told by creatives,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO of the IAB. “The best advertising is storytelling, and this year the media industry’s most gifted storytellers are on our stage to illuminate what really matters most in marketing—how to make an emotional connection that moves people.”
In addition to the main stage keynote speakers, MIXX 2009 will give its audience an enormous amount of content to choose from—workshops, panels, breakouts, industry forecasts and an exhibit hall filled with a wide breadth of companies showcasing innovative services and tools.
Adding texture and context to the two-day agenda, MIXX will feature three distinct tracks focused on creativity, innovation and impact—the main pillars of great advertising:
- See how big brands like Betty Crocker, Crestor and Cheetos have overcome obstacles in social media to harness consumer engagement and achieve brand lift and sales
- Listen in as five startups pitch a venture capitalist on why their company’s big idea could just be the next billion-dollar enterprise
- Experience the augmented-reality advertising that is redefining interactive
- Be an insider to the backroom debate on the future of television and online video
- Watch leading solutions providers as they win over a major marketer on the power of mobile advertising
For a full list of speakers, the complete agenda and information on how to register, please visit www.mixx-expo.com.
The event takes place on September 21-22 at the Crowne Plaza Times Square and will culminate on the evening of September 23 with the 2009 MIXX Awards Gala hosted by Jim Breuer, Saturday Night Live comedian.
About the IAB:
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 375 leading media and technology companies who are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.
IAB Media Contact: