Leading Agency Creatives, Marketers, Publishers Converge to Judge IAB International MIXX Awards 2011
Recognizing Creativity and Impact in Another Record-Breaking Year of Achievement
Deadline for IAB MIXX Awards Submissions Extended to July 15
NEW YORK, NY (June 27, 2011) — Celebrating an era that has seen record-setting revenue growth and the rapid adoption of new, brand-friendly ad formats by top-tier advertisers, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) (www.iab.net) today revealed an outstanding lineup of judges for the 2011 IAB International MIXX Awards (www.iab.net/mixxawards). It also announced that the deadline to enter the awards has been extended until July 15.
One of the most coveted awards in interactive advertising, the IAB MIXX Awards honor the teams and talent that elevate the creative and metrics-based accomplishments in the field. The competition evaluates all key facets of interactive marketing, including strategy, creative development and execution, media placement and integration, effectiveness, and ROI.
The cross-industry assembly of judges reflects the critical factors that determine the IAB MIXX Awards and includes senior agency, marketer and media voices, who will collaboratively evaluate and select the winning brands and agencies. In recognition of the dynamism of interactive advertising, the IAB MIXX Awards were revised and expanded last year to recognize not only distinguished campaigns but also single executions. This year two new categories were added: Tablet Marketing and Location-Based Advertising.
The 2011 MIXX Awards judging panel includes:
- Jeff Benjamin - Partner and Chief Creative Officer, Crispin Porter + Bogusky
- Lincoln Bjorkman - Chief Creative Officer, North America, Digitas
- Brad Brinegar - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, McKinney
- Ed Brojerdi - Chief Creative Technologist and Co-Chief Creative Officer, kirshenbaum bond senecal + partnersTim Castelli - Vice President, Sales, Eastern US Region, AOL
- Wendy Clark - Senior Vice President, Integrated Marketing Communications and Capabilities, The Coca-Cola Company
- Andreas Combuechen - Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Creative Officer, Atmosphere Proximity
- Emma Cookson - Chairman, BBH New York
- Mark D’Arcy - Director, Global Creative Services, Facebook
- Brian DiLorenzo - Executive Director, Integrated Production, BBDO
- Marjorie Dufek - Interactive Marketing Director, Brown-Forman Corporation
- Brad Feldman, Senior Director, Creative Strategy, Yahoo!
- Alberto Ferrer - Managing Partner, Director of Direct + Digital Marketing, The Vidal Partnership
- Theresa Gaffney, Creative Director, Digital Media, Meredith Womens Network
- Quentin George - Chief Digital Officer, Mediabrands
- Jane Grenier - Vice President, Integrated Strategy, Condé Nast Media Group
- Cheryl Guerin - Senior Vice President, Group Head US Marketing, MasterCard Worldwide
- Trevor Kaufman - Chief Executive Officer, Possible
- Scott Kinzie, Chief Marketing Officer, BabyCenter
- Nick Law - Executive Vice President and Chief Creative Officer, R/GA
- Jean-Philippe Maheu - Worldwide Chief Executive Officer, Publicis Modem
- Andy Markowitz - Director, Global Digital Strategy, Corporate Commercial and Communications, General Electric Company
- DyShaun Muhammad - Senior Marketing Manager, General Mills
- Benjamin Palmer - Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, The Barbarian Group
- Suzie Reider - Head of Ad Sales, YouTube & Google Display
- David Roman - Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Lenovo
- Alan Schulman - Founder and Chief Creative Officer, U . D I G > The Digital Innovations Group
- Baba Shetty - Executive Vice President and Chief Media Officer, Hill Holliday
- Rick Song - General Manager, Eastern U.S. Sales, Microsoft Advertising
- Steve Wax - Managing Partner, Campfire
“It's been a stellar year for interactive advertising and the professionals who’ve agreed to judge this year’s MIXX Awards are themselves stars of the industry, experts when it comes to identifying outstanding achievements in the medium,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, IAB. “We are honored to have these top interactive advertising leaders select the best work in this important industry recognition of the boundless achievements possible when creativity and technology merge.”
“The IAB MIXX Awards are now in their seventh year, and it's exciting and satisfying to see the remarkable evolution and progression of creativity in this relatively new medium,” said David Doty, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, IAB. “The diversity of interactive platforms and technologies have forever changed marketing and advertising, and our panel of judges have their fingers perfectly poised on the pulse of digital creation and innovation.”
The finalists and winners are honored each year at the IAB MIXX Awards Gala, which is the culmination of the preeminent two-day IAB MIXX Conference & Expo held during Advertising Week in New York City. The 2011 Gala will take place at the Crowne Plaza Hotel on Tuesday, October 4, and will celebrate the seventh anniversary of the competition.
The IAB MIXX Awards are open to marketers, advertising agencies, and media companies that have run any media, marketing or advertising element or campaign that was carried out during the qualifying period: April 1, 2010 through March 31, 2011. Full details are available at www.iab.net/mixxawards/about/rules.
Founded in 2005 to honor creativity and effectiveness in interactive advertising, the IAB’s MIXX Awards have grown into the premier honor in digital marketing. Last year’s MIXX Award winners included many of the most prominent brand marketers in the United States, including Coca-Cola, Unilever, Ford Motor Company, Paramount Pictures and IBM, as well as leading agencies such as Saatchi & Saatchi, Digitas, Ogilvy, and Crispin Porter + Bogusky. In 2010, the gala’s ultimate honor, Best in Show, went to HBO’s “True Blood” and Digital Kitchen for their “Hacking Reality” campaign for the second season launch of HBO’s original vampire series. To view the complete gallery of the 2010 MIXX category award winners please visit: www.iab.net/mixxawards/gallery2010/
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 500 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.
IAB Media Contact