IAB Launches New Certificate in Interactive Advertising
Professional Development Program to Provide Critical Training in Rapidly Changing Media Environment
NEW YORK, NY (March 10, 2009) – The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) today announced the launch of the IAB Certificate in Interactive Advertising, a new educational credential earned after 40 hours of official training with the IAB or its approved partners. The latest component of the IAB’s Professional Development Program, this recently developed curriculum consists of a series of classes on platforms, like social media and in-game advertising, and tools, such as metrics and yield management. Drawing on the unique expertise of IAB’s members and staff, the program provides publishing, marketing and advertising agency professionals the key skills and competencies they need for success in the new media landscape.
The certificate program begins with the six classes in the IAB Professional Development Program Spring 2009, detailed below. All are affordably priced and, like the other classes in the program, count towards the IAB Certificate in Interactive Advertising.
“The IAB is able to take a wealth of practical, working knowledge we've amassed over the years, as well as the in-depth proprietary research we’ve conducted, and combine that with the on-the-ground experience of our members to create an unsurpassed educational program that will train participants to do their jobs better or even advance into more significant roles in interactive media,” said Michael Theodore, Vice President, Member Services of the IAB. “This program is part of our overarching strategy to educate the entire ecosystem on the latest tools and techniques in online advertising, and if you don’t know these basic skills, you’ll be left out.”
Classes coming up in March, for which registrations need to be made immediately, include:
- March 17 - Marketing with Social Media and Networks – Taught by Peter Spande, VP Sales at Federated Media. This class will provide an overview of the major players in the social media and social networking space, as well as successful strategies for leveraging online communities for marketing purposes.
- March 25 - Ad Operations for Account Execs – Taught by Ad Ops experts from AOL, New York Times and Univision. This class will provide an overview of the process of operations in online advertising campaigns, including lessons on how to speed execution and improve the bottom line. It will also focus on the ad ops role and the key operational issues account executives must be familiar with when selling to ensure their clients’ campaigns are successful.
The other Spring 2009 classes include:
- April 7 – Managing Multiple Sales Channels
- April 23 – Video Game Advertising
- May 7 – Understanding and Using Online Metrics
- May 20 – Yield Management Best Practices.
Registration is currently open for a limited number of seats at www.iab.net/events_training/690291. All classes will be held at IAB’s headquarters office in New York City.
For more information on the program and the IAB Certificate in Interactive Advertising Certificate, please visit: www.iab.net/professional_development
About the IAB:
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 400 leading media and technology companies who are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.
IAB Media Contact:
Director, Marketing Communications