IAB Announces Eleven New Board Members
Peter Naylor Selected as Vice-Chair of the Board
PALM SPRINGS, CA (February 27, 2011) — The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) announced today the election of eleven new members to its Board of Directors. Peter Naylor, Executive Vice President, Digital Media Sales, NBC Universal, and three-term board member, will also take over as the new Vice Chair of the Board. The announcement was made during IAB’s fourth Annual Leadership Meeting, Ecosystem 2.0: The People vs. Data, at La Quinta Resort & Club, where leaders across the digital media landscape have converged to address the most critical issues facing the industry.
The new board members include:
- Tom Arrix, VP US Sales, Facebook
- Alisa Bowen, General Manager, The Wall Street Journal Digital Network
- David Carey, President, Hearst Magazines
- Louis Cona, CMO, Condé Nast Media Group
- Elizabeth Harz, SVP, Global Media Sales, Electronic Arts
- Jeff Hirsch, President & CEO, AudienceScience
- David Morris, Chief Client Officer, CBS Interactive
- Mike Perlis, President & CEO, Forbes Media
- James Pitaro, Co-President, Disney Interactive Media Group
- Randall Rothenberg, EVP & Chief Digital Officer, Time Inc.
- Vivek Shah, CEO, Ziff Davis LLC
Bob Carrigan, Chief Executive Officer of IDG Communications, took on the role of Chairman of the Board of Directors in January 2011. Carrigan has served on the Board of Directors for five years.
“On behalf of the IAB Board of Directors, I welcome our new colleagues and look forward to working together to represent our industry during this crucial time of innovation and transformation in the media industry,” said Bob Carrigan. “Our new members bring varied backgrounds and areas of expertise that will help us continue to be a leading force of change in our industry.”
The eleven new board members will join 30 existing board members. The returning board members include:
- Kevin Arrix, MTV Networks
- John Battelle, Federated Media
- Jarvis Coffin, Burst Media
- Kevin Conroy, Univision Interactive Media
- Greg D’Alba, CNN
- Jory Des Jardins, BlogHer
- Mitch Golub, Cars.com
- Kathy Kayse, The Oprah Winfrey Network (Discovery Networks)
- Jeff Levick, AOL
- Leon Levitt, Cox Newspaper
- Chris Ma, The Washington Post Company
- Greg McCastle, AT&T Advanced Ad Solutions
- Martin Nisenholtz, The New York Times Company
- Scott Schiller, Comcast Interactive Media
- Tina Sharkey, BabyCenter
- Elisa Steele, Yahoo!
- Nada Stirratt, MySpace
- Bill Todd, ValueClick Media
- Lisa Utzschneider, Amazon.com
- Lauren Wiener, Meredith
- Jeff Wilks, USATODAY.com
The IAB Board of Directors Executive Committee is comprised of:
- Chairman Bob Carrigan, IDG Communications, Inc.
- Vice-Chairman Peter Naylor, NBC Universal
- Randy Kilgore, Tremor Media
- David Moore, 24/7 Real Media, Inc.
- Rik van der Kooi, Microsoft
- Dennis Woodside, Google
Ex-Officio Board members include:
- Rich LeFurgy, Archer Advisors
- Bruce Gordon, Disney Interactive Media Group
- Joe Rosenbaum, Reed Smith LLP
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 500 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.
IAB Media Contact