NBCUniversal’s Peter Naylor Helms IAB Board of Directors as New Chairman
Succeeds Bob Carrigan of IDG Communications as Chairman
Nine Newly Elected IAB Board Members Include Leaders from Slate Group/ Washington Post, Collective, Hulu, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting, Everyday Health, Yahoo!, New York Times, & Hearst Magazines
MIAMI BEACH, FL (February 26, 2012) — The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) announced today the election of Peter Naylor, Executive Vice President, Digital Media Sales, NBCUniversal, as Chairman of the Board of Directors. Naylor previously served four terms on the IAB Board, including last year as its Vice Chair of the Board. He succeeds the previous Chairman Bob Carrigan, Chief Executive Officer, IDG Communications, Inc., who has served as Chairman of the IAB Board of Directors since February 2011. Randy Kilgore, Chief Revenue Officer, Tremor Video has been elected to serve alongside Naylor as Vice Chairman. IAB also today announced the election of nine new members to its Board of Directors, joining the 30 returning members.
The announcements were made at the fifth IAB Annual Leadership Meeting “Ecosystem 2.0: Beyond Time and Space,” at the Fontainebleau Hotel in Miami Beach, where senior voices from across the digital marketing and advertising ecosystem discuss, debate, and define the key issues facing the industry in the coming year.
“Over the course of my term as Chairman of the Board, I have become even more convinced of the importance of the role of the IAB as a catalyst for change in the industry,” said Carrigan. “I am confident that Peter’s vast leadership experience in digital media and marketing will ensure the advancement of the organization’s top objectives and initiatives, fostering growth for the entire interactive advertising industry.”
“This is an exciting time for the IAB, as digital technologies introduce new ways for brand marketers to connect with consumers,” said Naylor. “As the industry continues to develop innovative ways to reach audiences on computer screens, smartphones and tablets, the IAB will continue to be a vital voice for providing the intelligence, thought leadership, and standards that are critical for driving interactive’s success.”
As Chairman, Naylor will lead the IAB in its pursuit of its five strategic objectives in 2012—Making Measurement Make Sense, Building Brands Online, Protecting Privacy, Ad Tech & Data Leadership, and Screens3.
The IAB also announced the election of nine new members to its Board of Directors. The new members are:
- John Alderman, Publisher, Slate and General Manager, The Slate Group/Washington Post
- Joe Apprendi, CEO, Collective
- Jean-Paul Colaco, Senior Vice President, Advertising, Hulu
- Joan Gillman, Executive Vice President, Time Warner Cable and President, Time Warner Cable Media
- Walker Jacobs, Executive Vice President, Digital Ad Sales, Turner Broadcasting
- Michael Keriakos, Co-Founder and President, Everyday Health
- Wayne Powers, Senior Vice President, North American Ad Sales, Yahoo!
- Denise Warren, Senior Vice President & Chief Advertising Officer, The New York Times
- Grant Whitmore, Chief Digital Officer, Hearst Magazines
“IAB’s Board members represent some of the brightest minds in our industry,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, IAB. “Together we will continue to position IAB as a powerful force that will shape the future of interactive and marketing industry. I look forward to working with them.”
The returning members of the IAB Board include:
- Tom Arrix, Facebook
- John Battelle, Federated Media
- Alisa Bowen, The Wall Street Journal Digital Network
- Ned Brody, AOL, Inc.
- Paul Caine, Time Inc.
- Kevin Conroy, Univision Interactive Media
- Henrique de Castro, Google Inc.
- Jory Des Jardins, BlogHer
- Dave Dickman, Disney Interactive Media Group
- Dave Madden, Electronic Arts
- Greg McCastle, AT&T AdWorks
- David Morris, CBS Interactive
- Paul Palmieri, Millennial Media
- Michael Perlis, Forbes.com
- Jeff Pullen, AudienceScience
- Scott Schiller, Comcast Interactive Media
- Drew Schutte, Condé Nast
- Vivek Shah, Ziff Davis LLC
- Evan Sternschein, Discovery Communications
- Lisa Utzschneider, Amazon.com
The IAB Board of Directors Executive Committee is comprised of:
- IAB President Randall Rothenberg
- Chairman Peter Naylor, NBC Universal
- Vice Chairman Randy Kilgore, Tremor Video
- Bob Carrigan, IDG Communications, Inc.
- Leon Levitt, CMG Digital & Strategy Team
- David Moore, 24/7 Real Media, Inc.
- Tina Sharkey, BabyCenter, LLC
- Bill Todd, ValueClick Media
- Lauren Wiener, Meredith Interactive Media
- Rik van der Kooi, Microsoft Advertising
Ex-Officio Board members include:
- Bruce Gordon, formerly of Disney Interactive Media Group
- Rich LeFurgy, Archer Advisors
- Joe Rosenbaum, Reed Smith LLP
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 500 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.
IAB Media Contact