IAB Announces Annual Sales and Service Excellence Award Winners
Recognizes Outstanding Performance and Achievements in Interactive Advertising
ORLANDO, FLORIDA (February 22, 2009) –The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) today announced the winners of its 2008 Sales and Service Excellence Awards during its Annual Leadership Meeting, Ecosystem 2.0: Brands Battle Back, in Orlando, Florida. The Sales Awards honor IAB members for outstanding performance and leadership in interactive advertising sales. IAB Service Excellence awards honor outstanding member contributions to IAB industry-related initiatives.
“These awards recognize individuals and organizations that exemplified outstanding leadership and performance over the past year and helped drive growth in our industry. Each of the winners made exceptional contributions to their organizations and to the interactive advertising industry as a whole,” said Sherrill Mane, SVP Industry Services for the IAB.
Sales Excellence Awards
The Sales Excellence Awards, given by the IAB and developed under the auspices of the IAB’s Sales Executive Council in conjunction with The Myers Annual Survey of Advertising Executives, honors outstanding interactive sales organizations and individual account executives. The survey has been asking marketers, agency planners and buyers to evaluate the performance of interactive sales organizations since 2004. The IAB Sales Excellence Awards are based on proprietary questions and analyses of Myers’ database.
2008 Sales Excellence Award Winners include:
- Long term Achievement: Washington Post Digital
- Most Innovative: Nickelodeon Online Sales
- Best Newcomer: Hulu
- Account Executive of the Year: Josh Thau, Microsoft Advertising
- Account Executive of the Year Finalists:
- Paul Chenier, IGN Entertainment
- Dan Bonert, Yahoo!
- Stacey Pear, Yahoo!
Service Excellence Awards
Across the IAB’s nearly 400 member companies, 14 IAB councils and committees, and dozens of working groups, hundreds of IAB members participate in shaping the interactive advertising business and driving educational outreach to the marketplace. The IAB Service Excellence Awards honor individual members who have demonstrated strong leadership and provided an exceptional contribution to one or more significant, completed IAB initiatives over the past year.
2008 Service Excellence Award Winners include:
- Lon Pilot, Senior Architect, Platform A; and Geoff Petkus, Senior Product Director, Operative, for their dedication and leadership during the development of the Interactive E-Business Standards.
- Steve Sullivan, Lead PM Data Integrity, Microsoft Advertising,for his contributions and support for numerous IAB Ad Operations Council initiatives throughout 2008 including the Impression Exchange solution.
- Zack Rogers, VP Revenue Operations, CBS Interactive,for his dedication to and leadership of the 4A’s/IAB Reinvention Task Force.
- Tim Avila, Marketing Director, Online Video Monetization, Yahoo!, for his dedication to and leadership of the Digital Video Ad Format Guidelines and the IAB Digital Video Committee.
- Mike Hurt, Senior Vice President, comScore, for his dedication to the Digital Video Committee while co-chair in 2008 and his contributions to the market-making IAB Digital Video Overview document.
- Christie Lay, Senior Credit Manager, Microsoft,for her dedication and leadership of the Revenue Cycle Best Practices Working Group and other important CFO Council initiatives.
- Leslie Dunlap, Senior Director, Government Relations. Yahoo!, and Lisa Anderson, VP Global Public Policy, Time Warner, for theirservice on the Public Policy Council and dedication and leadership in creating the IAB’s Privacy Principles.
About the IAB: IAB Media Contact:
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 375 leading media and technology companies who are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.
Director, Marketing Communications
About the IAB:
IAB Media Contact: