IAB Announces Winners of Annual Sales and Service Excellence Awards
Recognizes Outstanding Performance and Achievements in Interactive Advertising
CARLSBAD, CA (February 21, 2010) —The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) today announced the winners of its 2009 Sales and Service Excellence Awards. The Sales Awards honor IAB members for outstanding performance and leadership in interactive advertising sales. IAB Service Excellence awards honor outstanding member contributions to IAB industry-related initiatives. The announcement was made during IAB’s third Annual Leadership Meeting, Ecosystem 2.0: Revenue the Next Wave, in Carlsbad, California, where leaders across the digital media landscape have converged to address the most critical issues facing the industry.
“The Sales Excellence awards are based primarily on customer feedback—the very best indicator of outstanding leadership and performance of both individual account executives and sales organizations. The Service Awards recognize individuals who made exceptional contributions to building the interactive advertising industry as a whole. Both awards acknowledge the hard work, dedication and excellence necessary to drive growth in our industry, particularly in such challenging times,” said Sherrill Mane, SVP Industry Services for the IAB. “We congratulate all the winners and celebrate their achievements.”
Sales Excellence Awards
The Sales Excellence Awards, given by the IAB and developed under the auspices of the IAB’s Sales Executive Council in conjunction with The Myers Annual Survey of Advertising Executives, honor outstanding interactive sales organizations and individual account executives. The survey has been asking marketers, agency planners and buyers to evaluate the performance of interactive sales organizations since 2004.The IAB Sales Excellence Awards are based on proprietary questions and analyses of Myers’ database.
2009 Sales Excellence Award Winners include:
- Long Term Achievement: Google
- Most Innovative: Yahoo!, Inc.
- Best Newcomer: Federated Media Publishing
- AE of the Year: Kevin Sullivan, Burst Media
- AE of the Year Finalists:
- David Antonelli, MTV Networks Digital
- Mike Chu, ValueClick Media
- Ryan Mayward, NBC Universal Digital Media
- Ali Van Putten, AOL, Inc.
2009 Service Excellence Awards
Across the IAB’s nearly 400 member companies, 18 IAB councils and committees, and dozens of working groups, hundreds of IAB members participate in shaping the interactive advertising business and driving educational outreach to the marketplace. The IAB Service Excellence Awards honor individual members who have demonstrated strong leadership and provided an exceptional contribution to one or more significant, completed IAB initiative over the past year.
- CAMERON CLAYTON, Vice President of Mobile & International, The Weather Channel, for his significant contributions on theIAB Mobile Buyer’s Guide
- PETER CONTI, Executive Vice President, Borrell Associates, for his dedication and leadership to the IAB Local Road Show in 2009
- RYAN CUNNINGHAM, for his leadership of the Digital Video Player-Ad Interface Definition (VPAID) working group
- RICK LANE, Vice President of Government Affairs, News Corp., for his dedication to improving the industry’s policy positioning in Washington, D.C.
- JEFF LITVACK, General Manager, Mobile and Emerging Products, The Associated Press,for his significant contributions to the IAB Mobile Buyer’s Guide
- MARK LOPEZ, Chief Operating Officer, Terra Networks, for his dedication and leadership as co-chair of the IAB Hispanic Committee
- GARY MEO, SVP Print & Digital Media Services, Scarborough Research, for his dedication to and leadership of the IAB Local Road Show in 2009
- BILL NIELSEN, Director, Industry Outreach, Microsoft Advertising, for his leadership as part of the IAB’s broader online behavioral advertising self regulatory initiative
- ARI PAPARO, Product Director, Advertising Products, Google, for his dedication and leadership to the Video Ad Server Template (VAST) initiative
- DON ROSEN, Senior Director, Business & Legal Affairs, Yahoo!, Inc., for his dedication and leadership while part of the Standard Terms and Conditions Taskforce
- GARY SCHWARTZ, Chief Executive Officer, Impact Mobile, for his significant contributions to the IAB Mobile Buyer’s Guide and his dedication as co-chair of theIAB Mobile Committee since its inception in 2007
- SUZIE WHITE, Corporate Counsel, Transactions, Facebook, for her leadership while part of the Standard Terms and Conditions Taskforce
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 460 leading media and technology companies who are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.
IAB Media Contact
Director, Marketing Communications