IAB Board Of Directors Elects Ziff Davis CEO Vivek Shah As New Chairman
Shah Succeeds Tremor Video’s Randy Kilgore, David Morris of CBS Interactive Elected Vice Chairman
New IAB Board Members Include Top Executives from Buzzfeed, Facebook, LinkedIn, Millennial Media, Twitter, Undertone
PALM DESERT, CA (February 9, 2014) — The Board of Directors of the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) has elected Vivek Shah, CEO of Ziff Davis, Inc., the next Chairman of the Board of Directors and David Morris, Chief Client Officer of CBS Interactive, as the incoming Vice Chairman. Having served as Vice Chairman in 2013, Shah now follows Randy Kilgore, Chief Revenue Officer of Tremor Video, who led the board last year. In addition, the members of IAB have approved the new Board slate.
“Serving as Chairman of the IAB Board of Directors was an experience that reaffirmed for me the tremendous potential of this industry,” said Kilgore. “There are still a variety of opportunities for expansion in the overall advertising landscape, and under Vivek, the IAB will play a major role in uniting the industry to capitalize on these growing prospects. Having worked with him over the past year, I know that he will be an excellent leader capable of moving the entire advertising field forward in 2014.”
“From mobile to multiscreen, and more, 2014 has the potential to be a breakout year in the advertising world,” said Shah. “As IAB Chairman, I intend to work with my fellow board members, the IAB, and the industry at large to make sure that promise comes to fruition. The digital advertising landscape is extremely complex, and it is important that we all unite to face the challenges ahead while building on the solid foundation that our predecessors have built for us.”
As Chairman, Shah will be responsible for steering the IAB as it pursues its five key objectives — The Trustworthy Digital Marketing Supply Chain, Making Measurement Make Sense, Publisher Transformation, Building Brands Digitally, and Moving Mobile Mainstream.
The new members of the IAB Board of Directors, elected since the last Annual Meeting in February 2013, include:
- David Brinker, Senior Vice President, Business Development and Operations, News Corporation
- Ned Brody, Head of the Americas, Yahoo
- Eric Franchi, Co-Founder, Undertone
- Michael Friedenberg, CEO, IDG Communications US
- Neil Johnston, Executive Vice President, Strategy and Digital Innovation, Cox Media Group
- Seth Ladetsky, SVP, Sales, Turner Digital Sports
- David Lawenda, VP, Global Marketing Solutions – US, Facebook
- Jean-Philippe Maheu, Managing Director, Global Brand & Agency Strategy, Twitter
- Suzanne McDonnell, SVP, Sales Strategy & Client Relations, Discovery Communications
- Jim Norton, SVP, Head of Advertising Sales, AOL
- Leslie Picard, President, Time Inc. Branded Solutions, Time Inc.
- Penry Price, VP Marketing Solutions, LinkedIn
- Scott Schiller, Executive Vice President, Advertising Sales, NBC Universal
- Mollie Spilman, EVP Global Sales & Operations, Millennial Media
- Jon Steinberg, President and COO, BuzzFeed
- Troy Young, President, Hearst Magazines Digital Media
“The IAB Board of Directors has always been a veritable ‘who’s who’ of the digital advertising industry, and this year is no different,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, IAB. “Every sector of the industry is well represented, which will make for spirited debate and, most importantly, for positive results that take the needs of all our members into account. We’re looking forward to a productive 2014.”
To view the entire list of the IAB Board of Directors and the Executive Committee, please see iab.net/iab_board.
This news was released at the seventh IAB Annual Leadership Meeting “Marketing 2020: The Digital Agenda,” which kicks off today at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa in Palm Desert, CA.
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 600 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit iab.net.
IAB Media Contact