Over 1,000 Digital Marketing Executives Gather in Palm Desert for the 2014 IAB Annual Leadership Meeting
Sold-Out Conference Sets ‘The Digital Agenda’ for Rapidly Evolving Interactive Advertising Industry
PALM DESERT, CA (February 9, 2014) — Today marks the opening of the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s (IAB) 2014 Annual Leadership Meeting, which has brought together more than 1,000 digital advertising leaders at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa in Palm Desert, CA, to address the year’s theme: “Marketing 2020: The Digital Agenda.” Sold out for the seventh year in a row, with the biggest attendance in the event’s history, the conference features a prestigious lineup of speakers who will discuss and debate issues related to the constantly shifting nature of the digital advertising industry – all with the goal of building a profitable future for marketing and media.
"This year's Annual Leadership Meeting is focused on removing the roadblocks that prevent digital media from reaching their full potential," said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, IAB. "We'll be tackling the biggest issues we face: fraudulent traffic, consumer privacy, data security, IP theft, mobile monetization, measurement standardization and much more. This three-day meeting gives us the chance to address these topics, learning from both speakers on-stage and from each other in dynamic Town Hall sessions. We take these conversations seriously because at some point soon digital media will be the largest advertising segment in the U.S., and our businesses will be dependent on interactive to drive new revenue and opportunity."
Nick D’Aloisio, founder of Summly, a next-generation newsfeed app, will give the opening keynote presentation on Sunday, February 9. Summly was acquired by Yahoo! last year, and D’Aloisio currently serves as a member of the Yahoo! mobile engineering team, helping to re-imagining the company’s core experiences for mobile and tablets. In addition to D’Aloisio, numerous industry luminaries and thought leaders will be featured on the conference mainstage, including:
- Neil Ashe, President & Chief Executive Officer, Global eCommerce, Walmart, with Stephen Quinn, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Walmart
- Spencer Baim, Chief Strategic Officer, VICE Media
- Brian Boland, Vice President, Ad Products, Monetization and Atlas, Facebook
- Andrew Creighton, President, VICE Media
- Dr. Jeff Eisenach, Senior Vice President, Global Energy, Environment and Network Industries Practice, NERA
- Dan Greenberg, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder, Sharethrough
- Jack Haber, Vice President, Global Advertising & Digital, CP Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Darren Herman, Vice President, Content Services, Mozilla
- Terence Kawaja, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, LUMA Partners
- Meredith Levien, Executive Vice President of Advertising, The New York Times Co.
- Ann Lewnes, Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Adobe Systems Incorporated
- Bob Liodice, President and Chief Executive Officer, Association of National Advertisers
- Lou Mastria, Managing Director, Digital Advertising Alliance
- Neal Mohan, Vice President, Display Advertising, Google
- Jamie Moldafsky, Chief Marketing Officer, Wells Fargo
- Mike Perlis, President and Chief Executive Officer, Forbes Media
- Tom Phillips, Chief Executive Officer, Dstillery
- Guy Phillipson, Chief Executive Officer, IAB UK
- Bob Pittman, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Clear Channel
Other digital marketing influencers will also speak and lead discussions at the event:
- Kristi Argyilan, President, MAGNA Global North America, Mediabrands
- John Battelle, Executive Chair, sovrn Holdings Inc. & Founder, Federated Media
- David Cohen, Chief Investment Officer, UM & President Global Partnerships, MAGNA Global
- James Deaker, Vice President, Revenue Management, Privacy and Policy, Yahoo
- Quentin George, Co-Founder & Principal, \UNBOUND\
- Gabe Gottlieb, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Adomic
- Mark Howard, Chief Revenue Officer, Forbes Media
- Jane Schachtel, Global Head of Technology & Telecom Strategy, Facebook
- Cary Tilds, Chief Innovation Officer, GroupM
The IAB will post highlight videos from the event’s presentations for those who are unable to attend. For more information, visit iab.net/alm.
About the IAB
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 600 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit iab.net.
IAB Media Contact