New York, NY (SEPTEMBER 21, 2009) — A driving force behind the rallying cry for a renaissance in interactive advertising, the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) convened today the fifth annual MIXX Conference & Expo. Under the thematic banner of “Fueling Interactive Advertising’s Creative Revolution,” senior voices from across the marketing and media ecosystem will assemble for the next two days to articulate their visions for unleashing the full power of digital media. MIXX 2009, the Official Interactive Event of Advertising Week, is the primary venue for the elite advertising agencies, brand marketers and publishers who are transforming the consumer media experience.
“We have assembled the principal players leading the interactive advertising creative revolution,” said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO of the IAB. “The fact that MIXX is sold-out in an otherwise difficult economic environment is proof that harnessing the potential of digital media is top of mind for marketing, agency and media executives. The professionals gathered on our stage are responsible for propelling our industry forward, reshaping interactive into the main medium for narrating great stories—the vital core of successful advertising. And that’s what they are here to tell us about.”
The speakers at MIXX are a “who’s who” of the digital ecosystem:
- Cheryl Guerin — Senior Vice President, Group Head, Global Digital Strategy and Marketing, MasterCard International
- Ann Lewnes — Senior Vice President, Corporate Marketing, Adobe
- Deborah Marquardt — Vice President of Integrated Marketing Communications, Maybelline, NY•Garnier
- Jennifer McDonald — Digital Marketing Executive, Bank of America
- Lucas Watson — Global Team Leader, Digital Business Strategy, Procter & Gamble
Top Agency Professionals:
- Jeff Benjamin — Vice President, Interactive Executive Creative Director, Crispin Porter + Bogusky
- Colleen DeCourcy—ChiefDigital Officer, TBWA Worldwide
- Sean Finnegan — President, Chief Digital Officer, Starcom MediaVest Group
- Bob Greenberg — Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, Global Chief Creative Officer, R/GA
- Nick Law — Executive Vice President, Chief Creative Officer, North America, R/GA
- Jean-Philippe Maheu — Chief Digital Officer North America, Ogilvy
- Steve Wax — Managing Partner, Campfire
Technology and Media Executives:
- Tim Armstrong — Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, AOL
- Nikesh Arora — President, Global Sales Operations and Business Development, Google
- George Bodenheimer — President, ESPN Inc. and ABC Sports, Co-Chairman, Disney Media Networks
- Ashton Kutcher — Co-Founder, Katalyst Media
- Yusuf Mehdi — Senior Vice President, Online Audience Business Group, Microsoft Corporation
- David Moore — Chairman & Founder, 24/7 Real Media, Chairman, IAB Board of Directors
- Elisa Steele — Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Yahoo!
- Nada Stirratt — Executive Vice President, Digital Advertising, MTV Networks
- Steve Wadsworth — President, Disney Interactive Media Group
Also on the MIXX stage, Charlie Rose, Emmy Award-winning journalist, will interview Chris Anderson, author of the best seller Free: The Future of a Radical Price and Editor-in-Chief, Wired Magazine.
For a full list of speakers, the complete agenda and conference highlights, please visit www.mixx-expo.com.
MIXX 2009 features a comprehensive agenda with workshops, panels, breakouts, industry forecasts and an exhibit hall filled with a wide breadth of companies showcasing innovative services and tools. For the first time, the IAB has brought its Professional Development program to MIXX with a series of learning experiences to help attendees catch the latest thinking and acquire new strategies from today’s leading companies, including Audience Science, Q Interactive, comScore, Microsoft’s Atlas Institute, BBE, Electronic Arts, Massive, Arkadium and Wild Tangent. Seminars@MIXX will run from 4:45pm to 6:45pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel following MIXX. Due to the unprecedented success of registration for MIXX, the IAB is pleased to offer this seminar series at no additional cost to full conference attendees and EXPO-only attendees.
MIXX culminates on the evening of September 22 with the 2009 MIXX Awards Gala, hosted by Saturday Night Live veteran Jim Breuer. The only advertising awards that honor innovation and impact, this year’s MIXX Awards—selected by a prestigious panel of senior executives from brands, agencies and media companies—will showcase the creative revolution that is transforming the way professionals craft and consumers experience advertising.
About the IAB:
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is comprised of more than 375 leading media and technology companies who are responsible for selling 86% of online advertising in the United States. On behalf of its members, the IAB is dedicated to the growth of the interactive advertising marketplace, of interactive’s share of total marketing spend, and of its members’ share of total marketing spend. The IAB educates marketers, agencies, media companies and the wider business community about the value of interactive advertising. Working with its member companies, the IAB evaluates and recommends standards and practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City with a Public Policy office in Washington, D.C. For more information, please visit www.iab.net.