The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) empowers the media and marketing industries to thrive in the digital economy. It is comprised of more than 650 leading media and technology companies that are responsible for selling, delivering, and optimizing digital advertising or marketing campaigns. Together, they account for 86 percent of online advertising in the United States. Working with its member companies, the IAB develops technical standards and best practices and fields critical research on interactive advertising, while also educating brands, agencies, and the wider business community on the importance of digital marketing. The organization is committed to professional development and elevating the knowledge, skills, expertise, and diversity of the workforce across the industry. Through the work of its public policy office in Washington, D.C., the IAB advocates for its members and promotes the value of the interactive advertising industry to legislators and policymakers. Founded in 1996, the IAB is headquartered in New York City and has a West Coast office in San Francisco.
To ensure that we consistently and systematically progress in a direction that will safeguard and propel the lasting success of our members’ business, IAB has identified five priorities that must be resolved for the long-term health of the interactive advertising industry.
IAB Five Enduring Priorities:
- Trustworthy Digital Supply Chain: Provide a transparent, liquid, and safe marketplace for digital advertising and marketing transactions.
- Making Measurement Make Sense: Create a consistent approach to measuring and assessing digital media, empowering marketers to create powerful cross-screen branding campaigns based on educated decisions and accountable investments.
- Publisher Transformation: Ensure the value of publishers' audiences are realized, and diversified revenue streams are commonplace.
- Moving Mobile Mainstream: Make mobile easier to buy, sell, and measure; reduce friction in the mobile supply chain; create a conducive public policy environment; and make mobile a mainstream and integrated part of the overall media landscape.
- Building Brands Digitally: Lead brands to embrace the new digital media mix by making it easier to buy, sell, create, deploy, and measure engaging digital advertising.
For a complete list of IAB Members as well as the Councils, Committees and Working Groups who are actively shaping the interactive industry, please visit the IAB Member Center.